Research shows that music enhances learning by nourishing our cognitive, sensory, attention, emotional and motor capacities – the driving forces behind ALL other learning. It has been proven that youth who have access to music education benefit from:
1) Superior grades and higher graduation rates
2) Better SAT scores and chances of going to college
3) Enhanced critical and creative thinking skills
4) Better cooperation and teamwork skills
5) Reduced risky behaviors, such as substance abuse
6) Greater discipline and understanding of the value of hard work.
“I would teach children music, physics, and philosophy; but most importantly music, for the patterns in music and all the arts are the keys to learning.”